Reusable Sanitary Pads
€ 7,50 for a Bright Future!
School Attendance for Girls
The AFRIpads Foundation is an independent foundation that supports the goal of the Uganda based AFRIpads Ltd.
AFRIpads was established in Sub Saharan Africa in 2010 with the goal of overcoming key challenges that women and girls face whilst on their period in relation to access, affordability and sustainability of menstrual products.
Over the past 10 years, AFRIpads has grown to become the world’s leading social enterprise dedicated to manufacturing reusable sanitary pads in Africa. Building on a decade of expertise in the Menstrual Health and Hygiene (MHH) sector, AFRIpads is a dedicated thought leader and active contributor to advancing the menstrual movement worldwide.
Link to: The Challenge
The struggle of girls and women
Menstruation is one of the most common and uniquely female experiences. Unfortunately, the reality is that around the world millions of girls and women struggle to manage their monthly periods.
Link to: Mission and Impact
Empower girls and women
The AFRIpads Foundation’s mission is to empower women and girls through the provision of AFRIpads: locally produced, reusable sanitary pads. Made in Uganda – by women, for women, with love!
Make a donation
For Menstrual May
For your 15,00 euro donation, as part of our Menstrual May campaign with Love Stories Intimates and Yoni, we will provide 3 women in Uganda with a 4 pack of reusable AFRIpads. This is equivalent to one year’s worth of menstrual solutions for each woman.
For a Bright Future
For every 7,50 euro you donate, we provide one girl in Africa with a reusable menstrual hygiene solution that will empower her to manage her period with dignity and pride – for a full year!
Your Bright Future donation includes:
- 1 Schoolgirl Kit, which includes 5 reusable sanitary pads.
- 1 pair of AFRIpads Underwear.
- Our educational comic book ‘Girl Talk!’ which explains what happens during menstruation to girls in an accessible and engaging manner.
- Training on the use and care of the AFRIpads Schoolgirl Kit.
- Access to the full MHH Education Curriculum and Data Collection Toolkit. These tools provide partners with comprehensive content on menstrual health including the reproductive system, the menstrual cycle and how to track it as well as tips on how to be happy and healthy during your period.